Saturday, December 17, 2022

New project alert: "Land of Gold", "Heilige Saat", "All Machines are Silent", "Psychedelic God".

Original post: September 10 2022.

UPDATE:
http://brainload.bandcamp.com

As of September 9 2022 I have set on a journey through sound, recording new improvisations, songs, and pieces for a possible new album. I have completed 4 recordings so far, and every one of them is different.


The first track, recorded September 9, is called "Land of Gold", and was fully improvised, including the lyrics, which are gibberish really, but which were inspired by the holy murder of the Aztec People committed by Hernán Cortés and his expedition. There is a lot about injustice, greed, and religion in the words, but like I said, they weren't pre-written, and when improvising vocals (not being a native English speaker) I sometimes lack the talent to write, and lose logic and sense. But then again, this murder was against all logic and sense, so maybe in this context, the "lyrics" are not that bad. I could probably work it into a "real song" with "important" lyrics, and wrap a whole story around it, but for now this recording will have to do.

The second track, recorded September 10, is called "Heilige Saat" ("Holy Seed"). It's an improvised instrumental for drums, bass, and electric guitar. There is no context to the title except that it is a tribute to the original krautrockers, who were like the "holy seed" to future generations of artists and musicians.

The third track, recorded September 10, is called "All Machines are Silent", and is actually a fairly normal song with pre-written lyrics. The lyrics were written back in 2003, and are about a day when technology fails us. What will remain? Here are the words:

Crack of dawn, I’m waking up, you pacify my mind
All machines are silent, all machines are blind
All the screens are blank, all cameras dead and gone
No waves of unknown origin nagging at my door

Well, well, well
Tell me could it be
That what we thought is necessary
Is no more to be?

We don’t need machines
If we’re strong enough
We don’t call for industrial units
We don’t need your modern stuff

Crack of dawn, I’m waking up, the world is paralyzed
Some of us can’t live without their servant or their boss
But all the offices are empty, all telephones are dead
All computers quiet, the only truth is in our heads


The fourth track, recorded September 10, is called "Psychedelic God", and is a full-frontal attack on all senses, fully improvised, raw, and wild.

Those 4 tracks are all I have so far, but it will be a long journey. There is no common concept to the recordings, a common sound, or lyrical themes. It is absolute freedom really, but in the realms of rock music. I missed rocking out, and rock was my first musical language. Maybe let's title the new album "Brain Load". It's a good working title I think, just unloading the brain on rock'n'roll instruments. No electronica this time, no ambient, and no old ideas (except for some lyrics). I might be gone from the online world focusing on this project, but I will regularly post tracks as they appear. Thank you for your interest in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment