Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Neon Nocturnes / Treehouse Jams

As the year comes to its end I find myself working on two new works - one is a set of ambient synth soundscapes "Neon Nocturnes". These improvisations are drone / New Age based and are both for meditation and active listening. I started working on them after listening to Igor Stravinsky in the record store where I currently work. So, there will also be classical music influences audible. But, the work won't be classical, and obviously I haven't forgotten about my noise / experimental roots when it comes to electronic music. You can listen to parts 1-6 on SoundCloud, and the project will be released soon. The idea is to fill the other half of the album with non-related pieces, abstract, and free form.

The other project is free rock-based improvs for electric guitar, bass guitar, and drum machine. It's called Treehouse Jams quite loosely, and I am not sure if those pieces will be released on an album. It all depends on the quality and quantity of them. I released many rock-based improv albums before, so I am not sure if there is need for another one. But I really enjoy playing around with the new drum machine, and playing my guitars. So, here is to a happy creative 2024 - the sound research at Via Kosmische goes on! Here is the Treehouse jam, and below a link to order my vinyl LP from Herby Records.

Adam Majdecki-Janicki | Adam Majdecki-Janicki | Herby Records (bandcamp.com)

Adam Majdecki-Janicki, better known as A.J. Kaufmann, is a poet, songwriter and musician residing in Poznan, Poland. He is one of the most important figures in the Wielkopolska underground, an artist associated mainly with the independent scene. His musical activity should be of particular interest to fans of psychedelic music. He is the author of several dozen albums, released physically and digitally. Outside the country, the artist successfully debuted with the well-received collection of poetry entitled "Siva in Rags", published in 2008. Important achievements in his output are also the first album released on CD and vinyl "Second Hand Man" from 2011, as well as the album "Stoned Gypsy Wanderer" in 2014.

Written and Recorded by Adam Majdecki-Janicki
25 years 1998-2023

Art and Design by Justin Jackley

Via Kosmische & Herby Records 2023

released December 9, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment